18 March, 2013

New Bike, Giant Propel SL1, for my 2013 Cycling season


Just paid A$ 8,000.00 for Giant Propel SL1 with Dura Ace 9000 groupset and upgraded to C50 Tubular wheelset. I have to sell the Giant P-SLR1 Aero wheelset on ebay and it only took 2 days to ditch them for A$ 750.00. Now I am wondering if I had let them go for too cheap... as they are brand new and not one single revolution had been ridden on them...


Paid around A$ 2,500.00, including GST and Customs clearance fee, for the Dura Ace Tubular Wheels. They retail around A$ 3,200.00 in Australia and not one retailer willing to give me a fair price. On the contrary they all showed venomous disdain when I mentioned the disparity of prices; I was a bit shocked, after all I was a potential customer! Such display of ill will from Australian retailers, no wonder so many "brick and mortar" shops are going out of business. As long as I am concerned, not one moment too soon! I won't get abused when I shop online, also on the plus side I saved at least $A 700.00 on the same wheelset!

Without saying, of course, I ordered a new pair of Look Keo Blade pedals from an UK online store. They just arrived today.

Will post new pictures when I have received the Dura Ace Wheelset with Continental tubular tyres and set up my brand new 2013 Giant Propel SL1.

Waiting is so devastatingly difficult... want to ride the new bike on Beach Road this weekend but realistically I probably won't receive all parts after Easter! Sigh.....



No comments:

Post a Comment