03 April, 2013

My 2013 Dura Ace 9000 C50 Carbon Tubular Wheelset

Finally received my DA 9000 C50 Carbon Tubular wheels from Merlin Cycles UK. It had been held up for a while by Australian Customs and Easter public holidays.

 New hub design - Shimano Dura Ace 9000, it is a bit louder than previous versions for Shimano hubs.
 Photo does the wheels no justice, they look absolutely fantastic and sexy in real life!
 New front hub design
 Nipples are hidden inside the carbon rim.
 Brake track
 New rear hub design for the DA9000 series
They cost A$ 2,350, including Customs clearance fee and shipping, which is only A$150 less than buying from a local internet bike shop. However, the local shop has atrociously bad reviews, citing that they would not deliver paid items for weeks. I was suspicious of it's pricing on the DA wheelset, as all other Australian based shops were quoting the retail price being around A$3,300.
I found although the Customs clearance process and shipping time are painfully slow, Merlin cycles service and price are great. I will definitely purchase items from Merlin in the future even I had to deal with clearing Customs, I just have to allow more time for delivery.

No comments:

Post a Comment